Recipe[edit | edit source]
- Put 1 candy in the Cauldron.
- Boil to cold.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 three more times.
- Put 1 lollipop in your cauldron.
- Heat up until the water is boiling.
- Put into bottle.
Congratulations! You made an X potion!
Effect[edit | edit source]
Using an X potion transports the player to a plain field where the opponent is a mirror version of the player. If you are not wearing the Octopus King's Crown your health goes down as the enemy's does and healing effects are negated(with health gains reverted when you take damage), wearing the Octopus King's Crown allows you fight without also receiving the damage inflicted on the enemy. Defeating yourself awards you with the Boots of Introspection.
During this encounter text scrolls across the screen from both sides, while not wearing the Octopus King's Crown they include messages like "You need more confidence" and dying without the crown informs you that "You died while trying to beat yourself" and "You killed yourself with a <current weapon>".
You can also cast a Black Hole Spell. This may(?) kill you or it may (?) leave you with one hp while killing yourself.
Note: Only the default version of the Octopus King's Crown works, you can't use any enchanted version.
Flying Text[edit | edit source]
While fighting yourself, the following messages scroll from the left and the right in seemingly-random fashion:
- A crown is merely a hat that lets the rain in
- Look at this bar above
- I guess it’s time for me to become a King
- There are three shark fins
- Confidence confidence confidence
- You need to be more self-confident
- Did you look under the carpet?
- The crown of life is neither happiness nor annihilation; it is understanding
- What does the squirrel do all the day?
- The Octopus King helps those who help themselves
- I spent a lot of time with a crown on my head
- Self-confidence is having confidence in oneself
- It’s hard to beat yourself
- If there be no enemy there’s no fight. If no fight, no victory and if no victory there is no crown.
- If my head looks like an “o”, what does my belly look like?
- Am I talking to myself?
- Sometimes I wish the aliens would abduct me and crown me as their leader
- I wonder what is inside the first house
- Tentacles tentacles tentacles
- With a crown on your head, you just feel that they will never hurt you
- My crown is called content, a crown that seldom kings enjoy
- You need more confidence!
- Look at all these flying sentences
- Maybe you could change its corners