Recipe[edit | edit source]
- Put 1 candy in the Cauldron.
- Boil to cold.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 three more times. (4 candies total)
- Put 1 lollipop in your cauldron.
- Heat up until the water is hot.
- Put into bottle.
Congratulations! You made an X potion!
Effect[edit | edit source]
Using an X potion transports the player to a plain field where the opponent is a mirror version of the player. Whenever Yourself's HP changes, the player's HP will be set to the same amount (even at 0 HP). Wearing the Octopus King's Crown prevents you from going below 1 HP when Yourself dies. Since loss has priority over win in this quest, the Crown is the only way to win.
Defeating yourself awards you with the Boots of Introspection.
During this encounter text scrolls across the screen from both sides, while not wearing the Octopus King's Crown they include messages like "You need more confidence" and dying without the crown informs you that "You died while trying to beat yourself" and "You killed yourself with a <current weapon>".
Note: Only the default version of the Octopus King's Crown works, you can't use any enchanted version.
Flying Text[edit | edit source]
While fighting yourself without the Octopus King's Crown, the following messages scroll from the left and the right in random fashion:
- You need to be more self-confident
- You need more confidence!
- My crown is called content, a crown that seldom kings enjoy
- Self-confidence is having confidence in oneself
- The Octopus King helps those who help themselves
- It's hard to beat yourself
- If my head looks like an "o", what does my belly look like?
- What does the squirrel do all the day?
- I wonder what is inside the first house
- I guess it's time for me to become a King
- With a crown on your head, you just feel they will never hurt you
- Look at all these flying sentences
- Am I talking to myself?
- There are three shark fins
- Did you look under the carpet?
- Look at this bar above
- Maybe you could change its corners
- Confidence confidence confidence
- If there be no enemy there's no fight. If no fight, no victory and if no victory there is no crown
- A crown is merely a hat that lets the rain in
- I spent a lot of time with a crown on my head
- Sometime I wish the aliens would abduct me and crown me as their leader
- The crown of life is neither happiness nor annihilation; it is understanding
- Tentacles tentacles tentacles
With the crown, all flying messages are replaced with, "You are very self-confident."