You'll find the desert fortress key inside The Hole.
The desert fortress has three doors:
- Middle door: A room with the Teapot with 1,000,000 HP. It doesn't attack you but can take hours to kill it. The Scythe and a cloning potion are useful for killing the Teapot faster. Another fast way to kill the Teapot is to have max GIFT of magic, use Boots of Introspection, Sorceress' Hat, and Black Demons; jump three times, then hold D for Black Demons.
- The reward is the Giant Spoon. It has 70 attack damage and is very slow. It can be enchanted to the Giant Spoon of Doom.
- Right door: An empty room with a treasure chest in a very high position. At the top is the Rocket Boots.
- You can't reach it with a jump or an Anti-gravity Potion, so you need a Summoning Tribal Spear, Pogo Stick, the Boots of Introspection, and the Teleport spell to build a stair case up to the top. Summoning Spear video tutorial: Here
- You can also use the Octopus King's Crown with Obsidian so that the octopuses summoned form a staircase to reach the treasure.
- Alternatively, with some patience (or a short spell cooldown period), it is possible to get up without chocolate items by equipping no weapon and Boots of Introspection, and using Obsidian Wall and Fireball (red gloves optional for faster finish): Go about two thirds of the way through the room, then use obsidian wall, then use fireball repeatedly until the wall is about the height of your jump, jump on top and use obsidian wall again, repeat until you reach the chest. Obsidian Wall video tutorial: Here
- Left door: Unicorn Horn and Xinopherydon claw.
- The Unicorn Horn is in the chest at the end of the map. To get the Unicorn Horn, use Rocket Boots, or careful jumping and Anti-Gravity Potions to get to the chest. One potion is needed for the final pit, and another can help you get over the tight set of jumps on the first screen, right before the spike platforms. The Unicorn Horn that will heal you in your future quests (like the pink gloves).
- The Xinopherydon will heal itself at a rate of 500 HP per second if you're at least 50 tiles away (half the width of the status bar). To kill the Xinopherydon, stay near the treasure chest and let the Monkey Wizard Staff kill it. Acid rain can help, but use Black Demons for critical damage. You will receive a Xinopherydon claw that doubles your weapon damage.